With every donation we receive, we are reminded of two things. First, why we work tirelessly to help San Francisco’s homeless children learn, grow and succeed. Secondly, how humbled we are by our community’s generosity. In times like these we all have many demands on our resources and we thank you for your support.
Please use the form below to make a donation in any amount. This is a general donation, supporting all programs and services provided by COS. We are a 501(c)3 designated non-profit and our tax identification number is 94-3192608.Donate Now
Examples of how donations make a difference:
- $25 to $80 provides 8-10 weeks of enrichment classes through our recreation program
- $100 helps the Birthday Bunch to deliver cake, decorations and a gift to celebrate each child
- $250 provides turkeys and pies for our annual Holiday Shelter Dinner
- $500 provides a month of art or music classes for 30 children at a shelter
- $1000 ensures that 4 homeless children will have the opportunity to experience summer camp
- $2000 provides six months of cooking and nutrition classes at a shelter
- $5000 underwrites a portion of the Shadow Teacher salary that helps ensure educational success
- $10,000 covers the annual College Scholarship program costs for two undergraduate students
Many companies have programs through which they will “match” the charitable contributions made by their employees. Through corporate gift matching, your employer can multiply your gift to Children of Shelters.
Check with your company’s Human Resources office to see if they offer gift matching. Request a matching gift form to send to Children of Shelters along with your donation. Complete this form and mail it with your donation to the address noted in the section below.
Our office will verify receipt of your gift and return the form to your company for matching funds.
Donation Contact Information
For general donation inquiries, including stock transfer, corporate matching and program sponsorship please contact:
Mandy Paige, Program & Development Director
Donations by Mail:
Children of Shelters
2269 Chestnut Street, Box 439
San Francisco, CA 94123
*Donors will receive an acknowledgement letter for tax purposes within four weeks.